- To provide students with skills and means to apply their educational experience and basic theory to real world setting.
- To provide students with a high-quality educational experience for personal and professional growth based on enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the basic theories in accounting.
- To enable students to learn the newly emerging fields of environmental, social, and international accounting.
- To integrate technology into pedagogy of teaching of the various fields of accounting and auditing.
- To make students conversant with the methods of utilizing accounting information systems for effective managerial control purposes
The Accounting program prepares graduates to seek careers in both the public and private sectors that include commercial, industrial, investment, petroleum, insurance firms and touristic institutions, government agencies and non-profit organizations. An Accounting graduate has many career opportunities; few of which are Budgeting Officer, Accounts and Inventory Auditor, Internal Auditor, External Auditor, Systems Accountant, Cost Accountant, Managerial Accountant, Consumer Credit Officer, Governmental Accountant and Tax Specialist.